In Kostroma, CJSC ‘Pipe Networks Experts’ provided services in cooperation with its colleagues from DHV, Vitens and Ecorys (the Netherlands) and from EKFI (Russia) within the framework of the Partners for Water program as part of the project Set up of Water Utility Improvement Services in Russian Federation. The project involved financial and economic reviews, as well as technical and operational studies.
In the course of this work, employees of CJSC ‘Pipe Networks Experts’ carried out the following:
– Preparation of the city’s water consumption and discharge balances
– Measurement of own consumption of water treatment facilities
– Inspection of distribution network area for leaks (DMAs)
– Assessment of actual water consumption by residents
– Video camera inspection of the header sections with the highest accident rate.
Upon completion of these inspections, recommendations were provided for reducing unaccounted water flow and losses, together with an action plan for improving water and sewage network operations.